St. Louis Convent School was founded by the Sisters of St. Louis, whose aim was to provide Christian education in a changing world. It opened on the 1st of September 1913, in "Charleville" , originally the residence of Sir John Grey, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland. From the Convent House, the school expanded in 1929 with the purchase of a nearby property, 8 Grosvenor Road, and in 1942 the property next door at 7 Grosvenor Road was acquired. A concert hall wing and twelve classrooms were added in 1950. In 1965 - 1966 a Gym and six new classrooms were added on to the School and a new Convent Chapel was opened. The introduction of the Free Education Scheme in summer 1967 led to rapid expansion of enrolments. A new school was built which was opened in 1982. 1982 also marked the drafting and development of the Ten-Year Plan based on the vision of the Ideal School. The Staff Advisory Council emerged also in this context. With the establishment of a Board of Management in 1987, a new partnership between trustees, staff members, parents and students was put in place. During the academic year 2013-2014 the school celebrated its Centenary with numerous memorable events. Please take time to read the Centenary Celebrations page for an overview of all the events.